Thursday, January 3, 2008

Project Runway 4 Recap: Episode 6

Marc says: This week we saw the designers head out on a "field trip" to Hershey's flagship store in Time Square where they had five minutes to grab as much merchandise as possible. The challenge was to create an outfit using whatever they got their greedy little hands on... wrappers, pillows, food.

This was actually one of the more interesting challenges so far and some of the designs that came out of it were truly original. Rami's winning outfit was playful and had great detail. Elisa got the boot this week after creating what looked like a dress that belonged in a bad school play, we also found out that her bizarre "flower child" behavior is the result of being run over by a Porsche in London. Always look left when visiting that overpriced city. Sweet P continued to have the facial expressions of someone who's just been beamed on earth for the very first time. Little Christian (he's actually only four inches tall and seems much bigger thanks to the magic of television) continued to strangely channel the energy of Nefertiti.

Is it just me or does he remind you of Kira in "Dark Crystal", too?

Jayne says: As much as I enjoyed this whimsical challenge, it was very difficult for me to watch as well. You see, after severely overindulging in holiday sweets of all kinds, I've recently decided to give up all candy, cookies, pastries, cakes, pies, donuts, brownies, ice cream, and chocolate for the entire month of January. This is quite a feat for me as I have an INSATIABLE sweet tooth. Two seconds after the designers walked into the Hershey store, I was drooling for the sweet, forbidden Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Barring the fact that I salivated at the thought of the tasty York Peppermint Patties, I loved this challenge. Although, if there is one guest judge I loathe and never wish to see again, it is Zac Posen. Pompous little orange man. He gives me the willies.

Note: We here at Horridfabulous couldn't quite get it together this week. Jayne and Marc were traveling and Jeff had a nasty cold. We'll be back next week. Promise. Kisses, queridos!

No comments: