Thursday, January 10, 2008

Project Runway 4 Recap: Episode 7

Jayne says: I loved last week's challenge (mostly because I love candy so very , very much). And even though us at Horridfabulous didn't get around to covering it, it was still arguably the best episode of the season thus far. Until last night. Catholic high school young ladies (and one drama queen) from Jersey? Prom dresses for the Catholic high school young ladies (and one drama queen) from Jersey? A cat fight between Christian and the female equivalent of Christian? Are you kidding me!?! FABULOUS! Oh man, this episode had it all: beautiful dresses, so-so dresses, miserable sacks trying to pass as dresses and one delicious meltdown.

Marc says: Last night's show was one of the best since I became hooked on PR, and I must say I have become somewhat emotionally attached to some of the designers. I would hate to see sweet Chris leave now knowing that he spent his prom night at home alone, sucking from a bottle of Scope (memories of Kitty Dukakis's own youth). Little Christian showed a vulnerable side as he lost his cool facing a teen who seemed to be the love child of Diana Ross and Predator. What would this show be with without our little Christian? Sweet P my dear, I so regret now having compared you to Miss Piggy, actually I don't, but we got to see you in a different light this week, you seemed to really connect with these New Jersey teens, showing the warmth and understanding of an over-tattooed social worker. And that dress, that flowy white thing that we may have seen at the Golden Globes this year if those greedy writers hadn't ruined the award season for the gays! You saved yourself from damnation my lovely Sweet P.


Jeff says: Agreed, this was the best episode of the season so far. Sadly that I found most of the designs kind of lacking and thought that the final 2 was almost an arbitrary selection. I mean that beige swag of blah from Ricky was auf-worthy. Oh and WHAT was Ricky crying about in this episode? I mean what's so emotional about your mom making prom dresses for your sister? (that's what he was talking about RIIIIIIGHT?) I appreciate the amount of stress that is present in this kind of environment but canned drama, AGAIN, is hardly appropriate. Rewind back to Austin Scarlet having a melt down during an elevator ride that stops on every floor while he is up against a tight deadline. Now thats good television!

The Horrid:


Jayne says: I don't care if Victorya's dress was the winner. My god, this is all kinds of awful. It hurts my soul. First off, she's Bedazzled. Secondly, its a freaking bubble skirt! Didn't Angela receive a new asshole for her affinity for bubble skirts just last season? Now they're in? Damn, I don't get fashion at all. I give up.

Marc says
: I loved this dress, it was the only one I felt had any real originality, the color was great, the cut was great, the touch of bling was fabulous, and it even made this "Jan Brady" like prom queen look hot. I must add that based on personality and team spirit, Ms. Victorya needs to GO, I mean floor opening up and being fed to the sharks GO. She's mean. Vicky my dear, apply for "The Apprentice" next year where your kind belongs. Hiss, snap, done.

Jeff says: Sorry Miss Jayne, but I am gonna gang up with Marc here - this was a good dress. When high school B-list dream date Jessica first hit the runway, the dress got a little back lighting from the screen that hides the entry to the runway. The layering of the dress was superb. I did find the "jewels" to be a little 1967 Star Trek alien sex kitten, but its a flippin' PROM DRESS. The teen girl counter clerk that works in my neighborhood drug store wears ear rings with bigger plastic jewels and she's totally cute. (I just hope she gives that look up before she heads off to community college..)


Jayne says: This didn't need to be as bad as it was. The color's actually pretty on her. All Christian had to do was remove the crinoline-esque wickety-wack to create a somewhat flattering silhouette. And you know a dress is just not fitting correctly when the back is unintentionally shorter than the front. I do have to say though, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Christian lose his haughty swagger when confronted with himself in female form. Deee-lish, I tell you!

Marc says: What Maddie needed more than a fitting was a firm slap in the face. Missy should have shown a little more respect and trusted Christian, he' s good, of course we'd all like to swing him at the end of our arms like a rag doll when he gets on our nerves, but he has vision, and if Maddy hadn't intervened she wouldn't have ended up looking like a Folies Bergere dancer on break.

Jeff says:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a mess. The dress was bad, Christian was so unprofessional, this girl lives in a dream world. TRIFECTA.


The Fabulous:

Jayne says:
Oh my stars, this is beyond STUNNING!! Sweet P, I knew you had it in you! You were robbed of a very deserved win in favor of a Bedazzled bubble mess. I only wish I looked this breathtaking at my prom. Well done, lady!

Marc says: This is what Demi Moore would wear at the Oscars if she were still invited, just a beautiful creation. Flowy and angelic, we were all shocked by Sweet P's creation. Bravo my inked one.

Jeff says: I totally wore this same dress on New Years Eve! OMG! Everyone loved it and I got soooo many phone numbers...


Jayne says: My darling round boy of love, Chris March, I WANT THIS DRESS. E-mail me. We'll talk. (Love the color. Love the neckline and the draping and THE COLOR!! Gorg-e-ous!)

Marc says: I love this dress as well, good draping and color, and sexy as well, in an Angie Dickinson kind of way.

Jeff says: This was my favorite dress. The color is so great and the design was PERFECT. I have chills as I look at the dress. Fuckin HAWT - Chris you should be very proud.

Who should have won:

Jayne says: Um, yeah. In case you weren't paying attention earlier, Sweet P was ROBBED!!!

Marc says: Victorya justly won with that snazzy blue number. However she still needs to be sent to charm school.

Jeff says: Sweet P. That dress was so perfect, although it wasn't as hot as Chris' , but it was perfectly made. Loved it. Marc is right, Victorya is a hag. Did you hear the first thing she asked her client? "So why do you think you could work with me?"

Um, self centered much?

Who should have gotten the boot:

Jayne says: As much as I hated Victorya's and Christian's dresses, Kevin's looked like another Dress Barn clearance rack special, and although common, not worthy of an auf'ing. I'm sad to see him go. I liked Kevin. He was a decent dude. But reality TV thrives on ratings, and people don't tune in week after week to see a straight, non-smarmy guy like Kevin who creates no drama. Christian is this year's Santino. Marginally talented, but clearly only around for the ratings. Happy birthday, princess. This one was a gift. Treating your clients like that is not good for business. You think a teenage girl was bad? Try anyone from Hollywood. High maintenance actresses will own your squawky ass. Suck it up, Miss Thang. Otherwise, you can kiss your career in fashion buh-bye!

Marc says: I liked Kevin as well, sweet guy, beautiful eyes, but sadly he transformed a sweet and innocent seventeen year old into a prostitute. A crime only forgiven if you're a Hollywood director.

Marc adds: Don't you all think it's time they brought back "Battle of the Network stars"????? I mean can you imagine Bravo versus Food Network? Little Christian wrestling with Rachel Ray? loser forced to eat the shitty meals she cooks in less than 30 minutes. Fun, snap, done.

Jeff says: Christian. He bugs, his hair bugs, his clothes are for the most part crappy, he's a hag, and his dress looked like a brown taffeta nightmare. I want him to go away.

And I want Tyson Beckford to hire me as his personal assistant.
And I want a million dollars.
And a Porsche.
That is all.

Jayne says: I TOTALLY vote for a Raechel Ray/ Christian smackdown. Now, THAT'S good TV right there! Oh, and if you can please throw in a side of Tyson Beckford, it'd be greatly appreciated! =)

No comments: